Friday, September 5, 2008

Day 32: Reconsidering Business

A few days ago (Day 29), I shared about an encounter I had with one of the members of the team who had decided that he no longer wanted to pursue business in favor of a retreat back to the NGO world. Today, it seems he has had a change of heart. My friend sat down with me this morning and remarked that he had been upset with me because of a conversation I had had with him last week about not delivering any of the work he had promised to complete. He confessed that the news had been difficult to hear, but that on further reflection, he knew what I had said to him was true. He went on to list all of the things he had learned from me during the past five weeks, which was incredibly gratifying.

Later on in the day, he returned from doing some field research on some competition with an intense sense of excitement and accomplishment. He had been able to get a lot of information about the major competitors to his small business and was already formulating sales strategies that incorporated the new information. It’s exciting to see how enthusiastic he is and I hope that he will continue to move forward with his business aspirations.


Joel Montgomery


View Joel Montgomery's profile on LinkedIn Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

Jack said...

found you and added you to my feeder! It'll be nice to keep up with you. blessings